Friday 21 March 2014

22

"I'm not 21 anymore" is my new joke I use when I'm tired. I had my 22nd birthday last week which I decided to work so I can have a Saturday off for the first time in months. It was kinda depressing to start with because my bosses didn't remember it even though it had been written in the diary for ages so they talked to me like crap as usual. But in all fairness they did treat me nicer when they found out. Anyway it was quite a funny day at work because two other customers had a birthday as well, we high fived each other, the "happy birthday" -song was heard several times and everybody was in a good mood. I also got to go home a bit early and take some tips home. Wow!

My present from D was a necklace with a real ruby. (No it's not my birth stone) Obviously I love it and carry it everywhere I go with me. :) He also got me a very nice bottle of wine. My mum sent me loads of sweets and chocolates from Finland. I was a little bit sad she forgot the rye bread but I only have 2.5 months to wait so I'm sure I can make it. I also got money from D's parents and some really nice perfume from a girl at work. I'm impressed somebody managed to find one that I really like. Then again 90% of girls probably know cosmetics and girly things better than I do.



On my Saturday off we went to the Tropical Butterfly House near Sheffield. Highly recommended! It is not expensive, something like £8-9 per person and there is loads to see: butterflies, exotic birds, birds of prey, meerkats, lemurs, marmosets, crocodiles, giant tortoises, otters, black swans, farm animals, well, all sorts. I really enjoyed that. In the evening we went to a really nice pub for a meal and a few drinks. After that we were supposed to go to town, go to a few more pubs and have a late night. For some reason I haven't been myself recently though and I was way too tired by 9 pm. and we had to catch a bus back. Booo! It was still a nice birthday and it was lovely to spend more time with D.






Don't read this bit if you're not interested in people's body functions. Since last week's Monday I've been having dizzy spells every now and again and alcohol seems to make it worse. I've also had vertigo twice, you know when the room starts spinning in your eyes and my stomach has been quite upset for a few weeks and either doesn't work at all or is too active. Most days I'm really swollen, so much that I get pains (air) and especially wearing my leathers for D's motorbike is quite interesting. I'm also tired a lot and don't get much done. I was just wondering if anybody knows what could cause this. I thought maybe my blood pressure's low but I had it checked yesterday and it was fine, 111/ 73. Maybe I'm sensitive to something I eat. Or maybe I'm lactose intolerant! I might actually try and drink a glass of milk and see what happens. Anyway, sorry about this bit.

One of my bosses surprised me yesterday by asking what my plans are for the future. It might have been easier to answer if I actually knew exactly what they were but I don't. Well I do but nothing is set in stone. I told him that after my apprenticeship I need evening work on a few nights a week so I can start thinking about going to university. Then he surprised me even more by saying that he wants to keep me there because "I follow him and he can trust me." But he wants somebody there full time. Maybe I could work  full time for a year, save money and then go to uni? I told him to let me know by May for sure so I can start looking elsewhere if they can't afford to keep me there. I don't knoooooow.. In some ways I hate it there but with a normal wage it would be a lot more motivating and in a way it is nice to be in a place where you know your job.

There is another good thing about my work place and managers. They are offering me a free sommelier course. This means that I have to go to the restaurant on one of my days off for a few hours but I do believe it is a really good opportunity and will look good on my CV. There is a lot to learn though! I find the terminology quite challenging. Well, I find it all quite challenging. To get the qualification we're gonna have to pass this test and a big part of it is blind tasting. I'm really going to struggle with that. The amount of information we have to learn in  14 weeks used to take 3 years so it is very very compact. But if I can do this I will be very proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment