Wednesday 16 April 2014

Dreams

A few years ago I didn't really have any clear dreams, I just wanted to be safe, happy and healthy. These days I do recognize a few things I feel passionate about or that I dream about.

Here is my top three:

1. Family and children
2. Holiday in Australia
3. A cruise on the rebuilt Titanic

Now, let's explain these:

1. Family and children

When I was a child I told everyone I would never have children because giving a birth hurts. When I was a teenager I though maybe one day I will have children if I find the right partner. These days I feel I won't die happy if I never had the chance to have a child. I just know it would be the most emotional thing ever to do a positive pregnancy test.. No, it would be the most emotional moment when you see your child for the first time. Anyway I know it is what I need for my life to feel complete.. If you can ever feel complete.

The problem here is that my partner doesn't know if he will ever be ready to be a father. It does feel like a big problem because children are my dream number one but then again he is a dream come true as well. He is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I understand that at the minute we are not earning enough, I am not old enough, the place where we live isn't good enough etc. etc. But I want to know it is possible in the future. And yes, I know everybody can't have children.

2. Australia

I have felt passionate about this for years. Maybe because it's so far away, maybe because of the sun, definitely because of the nature and all the strange, beautiful animals. The most amazing thing to do there would be to go horse back hiking with a camera. I do love taking pictures and usually see my holidays through a lens. But I want a good camera! Maybe I should add it to my list? D has some family in Australia so I cannot see this being impossible. The problem is that you need to spend pretty much all your holidays to be able to see enough and flights and everything are so expensive. Definitely one day!

3. Titanic

Titanic II - Blue Star Line

Look at it, just look at it!

I mean it is beautiful, it is full of history, it's got old looking stuff in it. Millie loves old looking stuff! But it's not just about that. For years I have been having this dream where I get on Titanic and sail away. I suppose it is kinda symbolic and maybe it shows how much I want to leave all stress and worries behind. I love the sea. I love that feeling when all you can see is water. I think water is beautiful. I always hate waking up from my Titanic dreams. And PLEASE don't think I want to do this because of the film or because of Leonardo DiCaprio. No, I feel passionate about the ship and the sea and the journey! Then again I would love any cruise. I would love to go to Finland by going to Germany or Denmark on a ferry and then we would have to catch trains and stuff to Sweden and then maybe another ferry from Sweden to Finland and more trains.... You would need a lot of time and money for this though...

BUT.. I know this will not happen. I'm 99% sure. I will never have that much money and if I will, it would be wrong to spend it on such a selfish thing when I could buy a deposit for a house or something. But maybe if I win the lottery.. I suppose I should start doing lottery first to win the lottery. I have heard your chances are still fairly small though. Hmm...

Here's a few other things I would love to have

  • A really good camera
  • A Savannah cat
  • A career in midwifery or photography 
  • Traveling, traveling, more traveling
  • A road trip around Finland in summer
  • I want to see a Muse gig
  • I want to make a song
  • I want to learn more languages
  • Food, food, food and a fit body after all that food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment